Celebrate National Flossing Day with Your Dentist in Millstone Township, Dr. Burden
Do you faithfully floss every day? Or, do you neglect flossing throughout the year, except for the week of your dental hygiene appointment?
“You cannot effectively vacuum a house with only one attachment. You need other attachments to get into the nooks and crannies. That’s what floss does.”
– ADA Spokesman Richard Price, DMD
If your flossing routine isn’t exactly regular, pledge to start fresh this Friday, November 27, 2015 – it’s National Flossing Day! (Secretly, Dr. Burden and the entire team here at New Paradigm Dentistry would love it if every day was Flossing Day – but we’ll take what we can get.)
Brushing alone only cleans about two thirds of the surfaces of your teeth. Flossing is vital! If you’re not sure if you’re flossing correctly, check out this infographic for easy step-by-step instructions:
How to floss properly:
- Use about 18 inches of floss and wrap one end around your middle finger, with the rest wrapped around the opposite middle finger.
- Pinch the floss tightly between thumbs and forefingers and gently insert it between your teeth.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, curve the floss into a “C” shape against the side of the tooth.
- Rub the floss gently up and down, keeping it pressed against the tooth.
Book your next hygiene appointment with your dentist in Millstone Township, Dr. Burden, at (732) 414-1888 and impress us with your mad flossing skills!