We live in a visual age. Movies, television, the Internet and social sites all thrive on images that will engage and enthrall their users. So, it’s not surprising that our perceptions and opinions of those around us are often based on what we see.
A recent study by Align Technology said 29% of us say the first thing we notice about a person is their smile. But what was even more telling in the study were the perceptions we have of others based on the symmetry of their smile.
Those who had straight, well-formed teeth were perceived as more successful, both in business and in personal relationships. They were seen as happier, healthier, smarter and more self-confident. But, what if our smile is less than perfect? While we all like to present ourselves in the best light, are aesthetics alone a good reason for choosing to have orthodontic treatment to correct misaligned teeth?
At New Paradigm Dentistry we understand the emotional and psychological boost a beautiful, well-formed smile can produce. But, we also want our patients to understand that straight teeth and a well-aligned smile impact more than just aesthetics. They seriously impact your oral health. How? Two ways.
- Straighter teeth are easier to get and keep clean which means better periodontal health.
- Proper tooth alignment means better function. It increases the longevity of your teeth because they are not getting worn down by the grinding and wearing that comes from misalignment. It also prevents the debilitating pain that can come from TMJ disorder.
Modern advances in orthodontics make it much easier and discreet to correct tooth misalignment. Invisalign technology makes it possible to gradually and gently encourage teeth to move into their optimum position. Invisalign aligners are invisible and, an added plus, they are removable. Letting you take better care of your teeth and gums which is vitally important.
There’s no doubt about it, a beautiful smile is a wonderful asset. But, a healthy and beautiful smile is what we are trying to achieve for each and every one of our patients. We would love to help you find yours.
So, we are offering our patients something very special. We are offering 10 reservations for our Invisalign Night! This offer includes:
- $500 off Invisalign, with the start of treatment
- Payments as low as $209/month for Invisalign
- Complimentary take-home whitening kit & 4 sets of retainers ($600 value)
- Delicious wine and cheese pairings and other holiday treats.
It’s all happening Wednesday, December 10th, 3pm-7pm.
Please Note: Space is limited for this special event. Sign-up deadline is December 3rd.
Learn more about this special offer by contacting our New Paradigm cosmetic dentist! Millstone, NJ specialist Dr. Burden and his team will be happy to answer any of your questions.